I Want To Break Free
July 12, 2018
“I want, I want, I want, I want to break free”
Famous words from the incredible (unforgettable) Freddy Mercury. The same words apply to so many of us business owners in trying to free ourselves up to actually work ON our business … you know, business development! That precious time with no interruptions where you let your creative self fly and make change, make improvements, make business better.
I try to set aside Friday’s for that time, to be free to think/plan/create/change.
I don’t always get those Fridays but when I do I have an outcome to achieve for the day and I don’t let myself get distracted.
I want (I want, I want, I want!) to have every Friday free and in order to do that I need to stop periodically and look at what I’m doing, and what I’m saying yes to that I don’t have to do myself. You’d think I’d have this sorted, I’m an expert in outsourcing and delegation but as with so many of you – I am a constant work in progress!
My tips for you if you’re looking to break free yourself in order to devote more time working on your business:
- Build your business systems. Having them in place will free up your time.
- Automate as many processes as you can. Looking into the future this will become a necessity in order to keep up with your competitors and with client demand.
- Invest time keeping yourself well. How many of us push ourselves to the max, knowing the buck stops with you!
- Imagine your perfect day. Then put a plan in place to get there.
- Take the task test!
- Learn how to say no. I wrote this and I still have trouble – but you can do it!
- Follow this 5 day plan to achieve time freedom.
That’s it! Short and sweet because I know you’re busy, my goal with this article is to inspire you (and remind myself) how to make sure we’re doing what we can to improve our business profitability and remain in a constant state of change (aka improvement).