A virtual assistant can be instrumental in helping you create outstanding videos; this is never more important than now as video continues to be one of the most effective tools you have in terms of:
- attracting your ideal audience
- delighting your existing clients
- improving your brand awareness
Your audience (as shown in the stats below) find videos more engaging, more memorable, and more popular than any other type of content out there. You only have to scroll through your newsfeed to see just how popular video is; algorithms love them (meaning you get more organic reach) and as a means of storytelling and promotion, it’s a necessity.
Video Statistics For 2019
While video marketing is a powerful tool, there are a few things you should keep in mind before launching your video campaigns:
- Videos under two minutes long get the most engagement. (Wistia)
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound, while 60% of Instagram Stories are watched with the sound on. (Instagram)
- Google Chrome blocks autoplay ads as a way to make the 82% of consumers that hate autoplay stick around. (Marketing Land)
- 33% of viewers will stop watching a video after 30 seconds, 45% by one minute, and 60% by two minutes. (Ad Age)
- 65% of viewers skip online video ads as soon as possible. (CNBC)
- 93% of marketers use video. (SingleGrain)
- 73% of B2B marketers say video positively impacts their ROI. (Tubular Insights)
For more video statistics, Biteable has listed 55 video marketing statistics for 2019.
Also worth knowing as you launch your brand to video stardom:
- More than 60% of social users report watching branded videos daily, according to Animoto.
- 64% of Big Commerce consumers say that watching a marketing video on Facebook has influenced a purchasing decision in the past month.
- And according to Buffer, companies that market with video on social have 27% higher click-through rates and 34% higher conversion rates than those that don’t.
Are you convinced video is the communication tool of today … and tomorrow??
If so, here’s how our team of virtual assistants can help you create amazing videos.
Making Your Videos Outstanding
1. Your Pre-Recording Checklist
Some of the things we include in the checklist as part of our client project briefs are:
- Turn off all notifications.
- Close the door & shut the windows.
- Make sure there are no background noises or distractions.
- Test your audio.
- Have your notes handy.
- Check your signal.
- Outline or script your video.
- Know your call to action.
- Turn on your smile!
2. Our Post-Recording Checklist
Once we receive your video, we work through our process which includes:
- Editing the video.
- Formatting the video to include the following which we create using Canva:
- Uploading the video to Rev.com for the caption (.srt) file.
- Optimising the title of the video using CoSchedule’s Headline Analyser tool.
Sharing and Optimising Your Outstanding Videos
3. Spreading the Word
Depending on the content and purpose of your video we’ll upload to:
- Facebook Live, business page(s) and relevant groups
4. Leverage your Videos
Watch your video in full and note down any nuggets of information we can turn into quote graphics, blog post titles or social media posts.
5. Schedule and Promote your Videos
Again, depending on the content and purpose, we can create a buzz around publishing your video by scheduling it in a post to go live or promoting it as upcoming content around a specific topic.
6. Creating Bloopers
Show your audience you’re real! Send out individual segments of bloopers or create a reel and upload it to YouTube.
7. Segment the Recording
Divide the recording into bite-sized videos to be used for promotional purposes such as branded posts, in newsletters and blog posts.
8. Podcast and Blog your Video
Use a tool like Anchor.fm to repurpose your videos as podcasts.
Use rev.com (again … see #2 above) to transcribe your video in full then use it as the base for a blog post, you can also embed the video from Youtube in the same post.
9. Create a Short Course or Lead Magnet
Where a number of videos follow a natural journey, educate or entertain; ask your Virtual Assistant about repurposing into a short course or lead magnet. This increases the shelf-life of your content while becoming part of a funnel to build your lists and attract more of your ideal customer.
Resources and Tools We Use
- Music: (https://www.hooksounds.com/ and https://www.bensound.com/ are good royalty free resources)
- Images: Unsplash (royalty free)
- Graphics: Canva
- Captions: Rev.com
- Headlines/titles: CoSchedule’s Free Headline Analyser
- Keywords: Google Adwords: Keyword Planner
- Podcast: Anchor.fm
- Resizing videos: Kapwing
- Editing videos: iMovie (Mac only)
- Animated videos: Animaker
At the end of the day, content can be expensive and take time to create. By using a virtual assistant to repurpose and leverage your video content, you’re utilising both your investment and your time.
Message us or book a free discovery session with Justine if you’d like to learn more about our done-for-you video service.