What’s the missing factor in a successful plan? If you’re like so many busy business owners you’ve invested precious hours slogging over your annual strategic plan only to file and forget as working in your business takes precedence.
Client work, admin, emails. The day to day noise can easily eat up your days and the excitement you had when you developed your plan is replaced by frustration at the lack of time you’re able to spend executing.
The Solution: Accountability
Finding an accountability partner who you respect, don’t want to let down and who will keep you on track and focused can be the difference between success and failure when it comes to bringing your plan to life.
That partner could be your coach, mentor, virtual business manager, a member of your leadership team … but they do need to be able to call you out on your excuses and help you get back on track.
How We Achieved Our Successful Plan
- If you don’t already have a plan, use this “Year in Review” template which Debra (our EOS Implementer) shared with us. Create your plan!
- Decide on and reach out to your new accountability partner.
- Share your plan with them.
- Schedule your monthly check-ins with your accountability partner in your calendar. Add your milestones for each check-in agenda (actions you have achieved and be accountable for each month).
- Start on your actions … and be prepared to start achieving your goals!